Elon Global Scholarship
Elon Global Scholarships aim to support Elon's goal of 100 percent access to global engagement by reducing the cost barrier for students with financial need.
The application for an Elon Global Scholarship is embedded in the outgoing program application. This brochure is for informational purposes only.
In order to considered, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Current undergraduate student at Elon University with a current application for an Elon Study Abroad or Study USA program.
- FAFSA filed for the current academic year. If you have not yet filed a FAFSA, do so as soon as possible to ensure you are eligible for scholarship consideration.
- Demonstrated financial need according to the current FAFSA. If you are not sure whether you have demonstrated financial need, call the Office of Financial Planning at 336-278-7640.
- No previous Elon global engagement. If you are not sure whether an experience at Elon (such as Fellows cohort travel) counts as "previous global engagement," please call the Global Education Center (GEC) at 336-278-6700. If in doubt, apply for the Elon Global Scholarship below and we will determine your eligibility at the point of consideration.
Conditions and Policies
Any institutional aid specific to a global study experience (e.g. Fellows travel grant, Elon Engagement grant, Odyssey travel grant, etc.) will be factored toward the total award. In other words, a student eligible for $5,000 total that receives a $4,000 Odyssey travel grant would receive $1,000 from the GEC.
A student must apply for an Elon Global Scholarship for the term of intended study abroad or Study USA.
A student cannot defer an Elon Global Scholarship. A student that defers their global engagement, or withdraws and applies for a program during a later term, forfeits their award but is eligible for consideration for the deferred program. The GEC cannot guarantee availability of funding for future terms.
All scholarship decisions are final.
Maximum award amounts are proportional to length of the term for the program.
For more information on other available scholarships and sources of funding, please see the Financial Planning for Global Study
webpage, or contact the Global Education Center (GEC) in Global Commons 360 at 336-278-6700.
The Elon Global Scholarship application is embedded within the outgoing program application.
To guarantee consideration for an Elon Global Scholarship, you must submit the application questionnaire "Apply for an Elon Global Scholarship" by the deadline. In some cases, program deadlines will extend beyond the Elon Global Scholarship deadline. Check the deadlines page
or the date notes posted for your program for more information.
Scholarship questionnaires submitted after the deadline are not guaranteed consideration and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
All scholarship decisions are made after applications close.
If notification is sent after the deposit credit deadline for the outgoing program, the scholarship applicant will be offered a deposit credit deadline extension at the time of notification. In other words, if you do not learn of Elon Global Scholarship support until you have passed Elon's deadline to recoup your deposit, we will offer a grace period so you can make an informed decision at that time.
- Winter Term, Early Action – notified in early summer.
- Winter Term, Rolling – notified in October.
- Spring Term/Calendar Year, Early Action – notified in early summer.
- Spring Term/Calendar Year, Rolling – notified in October.
- Summer Term, Early Action – notified in January.
- Summer Term, Rolling - notified in April.
- Fall Term/Academic Year, Early Action - notified in January.
- Fall Term/Academic Year, Rolling - notified in April.