|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Elon applicants only|
GEC Access Scholarships, previously known as Isabella Cannon Need-Based Scholarships, are designed to help provide access for all undergraduate students to participate in an Elon-approved Global Engagement (study abroad or Study USA program). These scholarships are awarded from institutional and endowed funds to students that have not yet had an Elon Global Engagement and that can demonstrate financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Planning.
To qualify, students:
- Must be current undergraduate students at Elon University.
- Must have filed a FAFSA for the year of the intended study abroad or Study USA program.
- Must have a current application for an Elon University study abroad or Study USA program.
- Must NOT have previously received a GEC Access scholarship (previously known as "Isabella Cannon Need-Based Scholarship").
- Must NOT have participated in an Elon University study abroad or Study USA program for academic credit or received study abroad/Study USA academic credit through a Non-Elon Program Petition or an Independent Elon Program Abroad (IEPA).
Any institutional aid earmarked for a global study experience (e.g. Fellows travel grant, Elon Engagement grant, Watson/Odyssey travel grant, etc.) will be factored into the total award.
Students must apply for a GEC Access Scholarship for the term of intended study abroad or Study USA.
Students cannot defer a GEC Access Scholarship.
All scholarship decisions are made after applications close, and students are typically notified 2-4 weeks after the final application deadline.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
NOTE: The priority application deadline for a GEC Access Scholarship for Winter Term 2015 is April 10. If you complete an application before April 10, you will receive award notification in late April.
This scholarship will continue to accept applications until September 8.
Indicates that deadline has passed